Qualifications – LLB (Hons) BProp University of Auckland
Tom joined Thompson Blackie Biddles in 2016, having spent three years in the commercial property team at Chapman Tripp. Tom has a strong interest in the property industry and holds a Bachelor of Property from the University of Auckland.
Tom has experience working with a wide range of clients on a variety of transactions including acquisitions and disposals, commercial leasing and development.
Sample Transaction Experience
- Acted for the Antipodean group on all property-related matters concerning its large-format retail portfolio, culminating in the sale of the group’s supermarket assets to Stride in 2015
- Acted for Panuku Development Auckland on the redevelopment of the Wynyard Quarter Central Precinct
- Acted for Trust Management on a range of matters, including the acquisition of a suburban shopping centre and a ground lease deal with a retirement village operator
- Acted for a listed property fund manager on commercial property acquisitions and portfolio management
- Acted for a major New Zealand retail bank on the due diligence aspects of complex development funding