Qualifications – LLB (Hons) BProp University of Auckland
DDI: +64 9 361 7055
Mob: +64 27 434 4460
Sam is a commercial property and real estate lawyer and joined Thompson Blackie Biddles in 2012 having previously worked in the commercial property department at a leading national law firm. Sam has a particular interest in the property sector and holds a property specific qualification – Bachelor of Property from the University of Auckland.
Sam has experience acting in relation to acquisitions and disposals, all aspects of commercial leasing, developments, due diligence investigations and the provision of legal advice to a broad range of commercial property clients.
Sam is an exceptional lawyer who is focused on understanding and delivering the commercial objectives of his clients.
In addition to his day to day job at Thompson Blackie Biddles Sam has also lectured the Property Law paper, a component of the Bachelor of Property.
Sam was selected as a finalist for the 2014 New Zealand Law Award Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year Award.
Sample Transaction Experience
- Lend Lease in relation to the sale of a circa $200 million shopping centre portfolio throughout New Zealand, including addressing Overseas Investment Act matters
- Fonterra in relation to the on-going management and leasing of their nationwide property portfolio
- The purchaser on the acquisition of a circa $150 million shopping centre portfolio including applying to the Overseas Investment Office for consent
- Lion in the on-going management of its nationwide property portfolio including leasing, development and lending
- Brookfield on the sale of several office towers throughout New Zealand
- A large private investor in the building of its New Zealand office property portfolio
- A private developer in the acquisition, consenting and development of apartment blocks in Auckland
- Robt. Jones Holdings in relation to the acquisition of 151 Queen Street
- Wilshire Group in relation to its acquisition of 1-7 The Strand, 246 Queen Street and Springpark (now Richmond) assets
- Mansons in relation to the sell down of its Spark City development on Victoria Street West
- Little Projects Australia in the negotiation and facilitation of its joint venture developments in Auckland
- Wilson Parking in relation to its nationwide property matters
- Goodman in relation to a variety of development agreements and agreements to lease
- Kiwi Property in relation to its acquisition of Westgate Lifestyle
- Precinct in relation to all anchor tenant commercial office leasing at Commercial Bay
- Oyster in relation to its acquisition of the Millennium Centre
- Trust Management in relation to its nationwide property portfolio