Qualifications – LLB (Hons) BA University of Canterbury
DDI: +64 9 361 7053
Mob: +64 27 481 7799
Joe is a specialist commercial property and real estate lawyer having previously worked in the commercial property department at a leading national law firm and formerly, as the New Zealand Legal Counsel of Lion.
Joe has a breadth of experience in the commercial property sector having acted in relation to major acquisitions and disposals, due diligence investigations, commercial, industrial and retail leasing projects, property related joint ventures, developments and overseas investments in New Zealand.
Joe has first hand knowledge of what is required to drive value for clients and this dynamic background enables his advice to be strategic and timely in the most complex of transactions.
Sample Transaction Experience
- Acted for the vendor in relation to the sale of the Deloitte Centre at 80 Queen Street, Auckland including providing analysis and advice in relation to novel Green Star rating matters
- Acted for the vendor in relation to the sale of its New Zealand supermarket portfolio including drafting portfolio sale documentation and addressing first right of refusal obligations
- Acted for the vendor in relation to the sale of its 50% share (circa $350million) of three New Zealand shopping centres
- Acted for Lion in relation to the sale of its brewery premises in Newmarket (2007) and the purchase of a greenfield development site at Ormiston Road, East Tamaki
- Acted for Waikato Regional Airport in relation to its joint venture development of Titanium Park in Hamilton