Qualifications – LLM (Hons) LLB BA University of Auckland
DDI: +64 9 361 7052
Mob: +64 21 718 668
James is a leading commercial property lawyer and advisor with over 14 years legal experience and was named 2015 RICS Property Professional of the year.
James has extensive experience in matters relating to significant commercial property acquisitions in the office, retail and industrial sectors, commercial property securitization, due diligence investigations, development projects and financing, property value maximisation, disposals and property finance.
James’ experience as a strategic and trusted advisor has enabled him to deliver commercially focused solutions in many complex and notable transactions for the firm’s clients including some of New Zealand’s largest private property investors and developers.
Sample Transaction Experience
- Acquisition of the Deloitte Centre at 80 Queen Street, Auckland
- Robt. Jones Holdings acquisition of the SAP Tower at 151 Queen Street, Auckland
- CHC Properties development of the ANZ Centre, Christchurch
- Subdivision and divestment of significant Auckland office assets
- Commercial property acquisition and divestment on behalf of high net worth individuals valued from $1 million to $200 million
- Bulk retail shopping centre development and acquisition, subdivisions, construction, leasing and sales for both New Zealand developers and investors and Australian property funds
- Hallenstein Glassons on all leasing matters for their nationwide leasing portfolio
- Robt. Jones Holdings Auckland leasing
- Acting for multinational merchant banks in relation to New Zealand property investments and joint ventures
- All aspects of commercial leasing for private investors, listed entities and property funds
- Development funding for apartment and land development opportunities