Qualifications – LLB (Hons) University of Auckland
DDI: +64 9 361 7051
Mob: +64 27 493 1858
Greg is an expert in all areas of commercial property and real estate law with over 23 years experience as a partner in the commercial property department at a leading national law firm prior to establishing Thompson Blackie Biddles in 2012.
Greg regularly acts on some of the most high profile and complex transactions in the property market and has a wealth of experience in acquisitions, joint ventures, divestments, developments, design build and lease agreements, commercial leasing and the provision of strategic legal advice.
Greg is known for his ability to understand the commercial drivers behind large and complex transactions and to deliver the outcome sought by his clients.
Greg holds several commercial directorships including independent director of Foundation Properties (the property arm of the Blind Foundation) and Douglas Pharmaceuticals.
Sample Transaction Experience
- Acted for the developer or tenants in the majority of premium office tower developments in Auckland, and many in Wellington, over the last 20 years including the Vero Centre, PWC Tower and Deloitte Centre at 80 Queen Street, Auckland
- Extensive experience in major development projects including office towers, hotels, retail shopping centres and industrial parks
- Brookfield on the acquisition of its portfolio of circa $800 million of commercial properties in New Zealand from 2003 and subsequent development of that portfolio from 2012 to 2015
- Specialist adviser to (principally) hotel owners on the negotiation and documentation of numerous hotel management contracts
- Strategic property advice to boards of listed property Trusts
- Little Projects Australia in the negotiation and facilitation of its joint venture developments in Auckland
- The Blind Foundation restructure of its Parnell precinct property holdings
- Acting for the contractor in relation to Stage One of the Spring Park residential development
- Precinct in relation to the anchor leasing of office space at Commercial Bay